A new credit management system for FGH
Freemans Grattan Holdings, part of the Otto Group, concentrates on ecommerce. As a universal retailer, it operates various online marketplaces at freemans.com, grattan.co.uk and lookagain.co.uk – as well as women’s wear at sites including kaleidoscope.co.uk and curvissa.co.uk.
The challenge for Welcom was to develop a new system for Freemans Grattan Holdings to replace the current inflexible, predominantly mainframe-based, in-house developed systems which proved to be complex, time-consuming to enhance and costly to maintain.
The new system needed to include the following key points:
• Separate finance from the sales order processing mainframe system to work in a more industry standard manner.
• Provide a package solution where new functionality and legislative changes are incorporated.
• Produce a highly configurable solution where new brands and products could be launched using configuration only.
• Create a scalable product to meet Freemans Grattan Holdings current and future business requirements and volumes.
Welcom Digital configured a bespoke software solution using Financier's loan management platform
The bespoke Financier solution included:
- Implementing their current products and brands and allowing new brands to be introduced by configuration
- Migrating in excess of 5 million agreements
- Workflow configuration to build a collections system allowing collections to be brought in house
- Real time integration to the mainframe sales order processing system
- Workflow configuration to build a flexible order authorisation process
- Financier has been interfaced to existing printing system for statements and letters
- Allowing functionality to be shared across brands
"Welcom Digital showed a high standard of knowledge, expertise, professionalism and research.” Spokesperson, Freemans Grattan Holdings.