Privacy and Cookie Statement
Welcom keeps your information private
Who we are
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018, the GDPR and any other relevant legislation, the Data Controller for your personal information is:
Welcom Digital Limited
All references in this Privacy notice to “we”, ”our”, or ”us” refers to Welcom Digital.
In this Privacy and Cookies Policy, we’ve detailed how, when and why any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide, will be processed along with the limited conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
This Notice explains how we may collect and process personal data about our clients, suppliers, business contacts, job applicants and website users.
This privacy notice should be read in conjunction with any other agreement or relevant terms and conditions in place with Welcom Digital.
Types of personal data and how we collect it
We may collect, and process the following personal data:
- Name and business contact information (such as telephone numbers including mobile, email address).
- Other business related personal details (such as business or professional role, qualifications and employment history).
Personal data may be obtained in the following circumstances
- You complete forms on our website, including Contact Us, Request a Demo and Upload a CV.
- You provide personal information contained within a CV which you have provided directly or through a recruitment agency.
- Data received in correspondence with us, provided either electronically, via mail or during telephone calls or face to face meetings.
- Information made available through public sources (for example company websites and LinkedIn) and on attending relevant Industry events including conferences hosted by third parties.
Google Analytics and Lead Forensics
When someone visits www.welcom.co.uk we use third party services, Lead Forensics and Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone individually although it does enable us to identify which companies have been visiting the website. We do not make, and do not allow Lead Forensics or Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We offer guest WIFI at our premises in Harrogate. When you use our guest WIFI, we may collect data about:
- Your device;
- The websites and applications which you access; and
- Your usage by access time, frequency and location.
Your data is anonymised and we are not able to identify individual users. The purpose of gathering the data is to ensure that harmful sites are not accessed via the company WiFi.
Purpose of processing and legal basis
We may process your personal data in different ways depending on how this data was gathered and for what purpose. The purpose for processing the data will be clear from the context in which it is acquired. This includes:
- Fulfilling a contractual arrangement for the provision of products and services.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Welcom Digital.
- Where we have obtained prior consent.
Examples of legitimate interests where processing personal data before, during and after the end of our business relationship, such as:
- Furnishing you with requested information, managing our website, providing you with our client support portal and providing services to the company you work for.
- Administration, invoicing and record keeping purposes in order to fulfil our relationship with you.
- Providing and improving customer service and support.
- Personal information collected through forms on our website is used for several reasons: to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information and to arrange a convenient time and date for a demo; to check our records are right and to contact you periodically to keep in touch.
- You have the option to apply for listed vacancies or to send us your CV and details speculatively. By uploading your CV, you agree to us processing your personal data for recruitment purposes.
If you do not agree to provide your personal data to us we may not be able to provide you with requested information or process your application for employment.
Disclosure of your personal data
We take security concerns regarding personal data seriously and take appropriate measures to ensure that personal data is not subject to unauthorised or unlawful processing. We will only disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- We need to share the data you provided in order to send you the requested information, for example about our products and services;
- We need to share the information internally with people working on your project to provide our services to you.
We may disclose your information to third parties in limited scenarios:
- To suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such party adheres to at least the same levels of security with regard your personal data as we do.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our Clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with police or other relevant bodies.
We will not sell your data on to other organisations or partners for the purposes of marketing or pass on your personal data for purposes other than those stated within this privacy notice.
Storage and transfer of your personal data
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
In line with the GDPR, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that any such transfer is made securely and that all adequate protection is taken. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside the EEA.
Retention of your personal data
We will keep your data for as long as is reasonably necessary. The length of time data will be retained will depend on its purpose for processing, including managing any business relationship we have with you and in line with any statutory requirement.
Any information provided for recruitment purposes, if you are not subsequently employed by Welcom Digital will be deleted after 6 months.
Your Use of our Website - Cookies
In addition, we may collect cookies when you browse our website (www.welcom.co.uk). Cookies are small data files on your computer or handheld device and are used by websites to enable them to properly remember you and monitor website traffic.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site. For more information on disabling cookies, please follow the advice on this site: https://www.aboutcookies.org/ or use the Help setting in your internet browser menu.
If you disable cookies, you may not be able to access all the features or pages on our website and unless you have adjusted your browser settings to decline cookies, our site will issue these as soon as you visit our website.
We capture the following cookies:
- Welcom Digital Cookies - campSeen & RequestVerificationToken:
- RequestVerificationToken - this is to ensure we can prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) Attacks
- campSeen - enables us to save the campaign banner visibility
Your personal information is protected under data protection law and you have a number of rights which you can seek to exercise.
You are entitled to view and / or amend the personal information that we hold (subject to certain exceptions).
You may object to the processing of your personal information when it is based upon our legitimate interests and for the purposes of statistical analysis.
In addition, you have the right to be forgotten and may ask us to delete information we hold about you in certain circumstances. We will take all reasonable steps to comply but may, in certain circumstances, retain this information, for example if we have an ongoing contractual relationship or are required to retain the information to comply with legal obligations.
Contact details and Complaints
If you would like to exercise any of your rights or you have questions or concerns regarding any of the information in this notice, please email: email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. For further information, please refer to the ICO website.
Changes to this privacy notice
This policy was last reviewed on 18 May 2018 and will be reviewed on a frequent basis. Any updates to this policy will be available on the Privacy link on our website and you will be deemed to have accepted this on first use of our website following any updates.