The Technical Architect role works closely with the Technical Manager and Product Manager to develop, enhance and maintain the company’s solutions for the Finance and Retail sectors. The role is responsible for both problem solving and identifying and implementing solutions. The role will also work closely with the Technical Manager to provide technical expertise to project teams and to give guidance on the present and future architectural approach for the product.
The Technical Architect will need to have a good grasp and understanding of a variety of technologies, including our core technologies (.Net and Uniface depending upon the area worked), SQL and Oracle along with an architectural mind and the ability to architect solutions.
The Technical Architect is responsible for full solution design activities, including integration with third-party applications, functional design and ensuring any design fits within the existing architecture.
The Technical Architect is also responsible for researching innovative technologies and ways of working along with the submission of any recommendations via a business case to implement those that provide a benefit.
The Technical Architect will work with the development team to provide support and guidance, working closely with them on the implementation of the solution design.
- Managing one or more processes on behalf of the Technical Manager, reporting any process, measurements and policing information to the Technical Manager and wider business, where required
- Taking the technical lead on projects, performing development and looking after several other developers, assisting them with bringing the assigned work within budget and to a high standard of quality
- Acting as an escalation point to assist with resolving issues for Lead Developers and Technical Leads and in turn escalating any unresolvable issues raised to the Technical Manager where necessary
- Participating in the product change control process to ensure changes proposed do not adversely affect the current and any proposed product architectural direction
- Ensuring the technology landscape is regularly reviewed & understand the impact of changes in the landscape to the current & any proposed product architecture changes
- Producing architectural documentation for the product and ensuring it is communicated and understood
- Determine the architectural road map (with budget estimation) for the product based on the product road map
- Assisting with client engagements, both at the office and on-site, where technical expertise is required and communicate effectively, efficiently and professionally. (e.g. Presentations, Demonstrations and Client Workshops).
- At least 6+ years’ experience and a proven track record of developing commercial software or architecting solutions in a programming language relevant to the business
- Experience of developing commercial software using the up to date versions of the relevant technology frameworks (e.g. Microsoft .Net or Uniface)
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or higher T-SQL stored procedures, functions, triggers and views and a basic understanding of SQL Server implementation
- Experience of Oracle 11gR2 or higher PL/SQL stored procedures, packages, functions, triggers and views and a basic understanding of Oracle Database implementation
- A good understanding of the whole Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience of working with a scalable n-Tier software architecture
- A good understanding of database transaction processing
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Confident in presenting to clients or the management team
- Commercially aware in day to day tasks and client engagements
- Minimal levels of rework by producing high quality software
- Delivery focused attitude to meet demanding timescales and deliverables
- Proactive can do, attitude to the job to set an example for others
- Basic project management and resource management skills
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
With 40 years’ experience in delivering successful, commercial software projects, you will benefit from working within a stable and robust small business environment.
Our innovative and flagship loan management solution, Financier, works with a breadth of clients spanning all areas of the highly regulated financial services sector. Our clients include FTSE 100 companies such as Next PLC plus blue-chip organisations such as Shop Direct, FGH, JD Williams and Express Gifts, typically serving between 2 to 3 million consumers.
Fill out the form with reference to the role you wish to
apply for. Or, if there isn’t anything that fits the bill right
now, feel free to introduce yourself and we’ll consider
you for future openings
Strictly no agencies!