A great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join one of Harrogate’s leading organisations. This position has become available due to growth and success of the business – it is an exciting time to join! The role will be initially home based to start with due to the current circumstances. We anticipate that this will move to being office based no more than one or two days per week over time, with the rest of the week worked from home.
You will join an existing team of Project Managers working on high profile client facing projects. The current Projects team is made up of different areas of expertise and experience, work primarily on projects centred around the Financier platform and delivering a customised and integrated solution to meet each client’s end-to-end needs.
As a Project Manager, you will matrix manage a team of product consultants, business analysts, developers and test analysts and manage the full project lifecycle, actively participating and influencing the scope, definition and design throughout the product journey. The role requires professional expertise in the effective use of project methodologies and techniques. You will be responsible for the overall integrity and coherence of the project. The role also requires strong client relationship management skills, where the Project Manager will be the central point of contact with the client, managing everything from delivery to resource/budgets (from £80K to £2M) as well as the transition into service delivery. As such a minimum of 5 years Project Management experience is essential.
- Managing and delivering projects through the defined project lifecycle
- Determine the success criteria for the project and provide status updates
- Create and maintain project plans in line with the agreed scope of the project and associated documents
- Planning and managing project deliverables, taking into consideration risk, impact, resources and costs
- Successfully manage offshore resources
- Client and stakeholder engagement and communication throughout the project life cycle
- Budget and commercial responsibility, including agreeing RFCs with the client
- Driving and managing resources to deliver an end to end solution, on time and to the agreed budget
- Act as the initial escalation point for resources working on the project / workstreams
- Working with others in the project team to agree and implement improvements to project processes
- Utilising the tools in place to define and allocate tasks to developers
- Work closely with the senior managers and directors across the business to deliver success
- Handing over the live project to the Client Services team
- Experienced at managing and delivering projects within a software delivery environment
- Min. of 5 years Project Management experience with a demonstrable record of managing multiple project streams concurrently
- Experience of using MS Project to plan and manage software delivery projects
- Motivate, encourage and challenge the project team
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Track record of design, delivery and analysis of end to end projects using formal project management methodology and with the ability to “do” as well as track and plan
- Able to cope with changing requirements, incorporating these into project plans
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills
- Proactive approach to work
- Delivery focused attitude to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
- Represent the project goals and objectives, both internally and externally
- Ability to support all stages of the project and RFC lifecycles
- Financial services industry knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations
- Good understanding of the product/software development process
With 40 years’ experience in delivering successful, commercial software projects, you will benefit from working within a stable and robust small business environment.
Our innovative and flagship loan management solution, Financier™, works with a breadth of clients spanning all areas of the highly regulated financial services sector. Our clients include FTSE 100 companies such as Next PLC plus blue-chip organisations such as The Very Group, FGH and Studio Retail Ltd, typically serving between 2 to 3 million consumers.
Thank you for taking the time to review our vacancies; unfortunately our current vacancy has expired but please keep checking for new positions!