The role of Project Manager is key within the business to ensure that our projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the agreed level of quality. The Project Manager is responsible for booking and managing resources both internally and externally and includes matrix management of the project team, which may be across three locations. The Project Manager will drive the project forward to a successful conclusion to delight our clients.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the client relationship for the duration of the project which will include time spent on site with clients, liaising with them to ensure that both Welcom and the client’s deadlines are met, and the solution is delivered within the agreed timescale. The Project Manager will be an ambassador for the organisation and must be able to communicate effectively, escalating issues in a timely manner to ensure a speedy resolution.
Working within a small organisation, the Project Manager will have economic responsibility for their projects and must be able to think commercially, looking at the bigger picture and helping to drive success throughout the business.
Project Managers are responsible for successfully delivering our own financial services software solutions to new and existing clients, helping to manage the full lifecycle of software development projects with project budgets typically ranging from £80k to £2m. A key element of the role will be project governance, creating, completing and updating plans and relevant reporting (project logs, risks and issues, customer reports) to ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the progress of the project. A Project Management Office will provide support in these areas.
As the project nears its conclusion, the Project Manager will be responsible for planning ongoing support throughout the period and working with the Service Desk team to ensure that the project is efficiently handed over to the Service Desk for ongoing BAU support.
- Managing and delivering projects through the defined project lifecycle
- Determine the success criteria for the project and provide status updates in relation to this criteria throughout the project’s lifetime
- Create and maintain project plans in line with the agreed scope of the project and associated documents, such as the PID and RAID log
- Work with the Product Steering Group to ensure effective Change Management
- Planning and managing project deliverables, taking into consideration risk, impact, resources and costs
- Successfully manage offshore resources
- Client and stakeholder engagement and communication throughout the project life cycle
- Budget and commercial responsibility, including agreeing RFCs with the client
- Driving and managing resources to deliver an end to end solution, on time and to the agreed budget
- Act as the initial escalation point for resources working on the project / workstreams
- Working with others in the project team to agree and implement improvements to project processes
- Utilising the tools in place (MS Project and TFS) to define and allocate tasks to developers
- Working closely with the PMO team to ensure that Project Management standards are met and that essential project documentation is completed on time and to the defined standards
- Ensuring that sufficient resources are booked in line with the project plan and to support the agreed end to end project
- Work closely with the senior managers and directors across the business to deliver success
- Handing over the live project to the Service Desk team
- Experienced at managing and delivering projects within a software delivery environment
- Experience of working in a process driven environment
- Experience of using MS Project to plan and manage software delivery projects
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Motivate, encourage, challenge and drive the project team to ensure that everyone follows the business process
- Understand the detail of the project, problem solving where necessary and thinking on your feet within the boundaries of the role and the scope of the project
- Commercial awareness to balance what the client wants against what can be achieved within the agreed budget
- Effective time management. Manage your own time effectively as well as that of your team
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a level of effectiveness in these situations
- Experience of managing offshore resources
- Have a strong background of product/software development process
- Able to cope with changing requirements, incorporating these into project plans
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills
- Proactive approach to work
- Delivery focused attitude to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
- Strong personality and ability to challenge, where appropriate, other areas of the business and to represent the project goals and objectives, both internally and externally
- Ability to support all stages of the project and RFC lifecycles
- Experience of financial services would be beneficial
- Minimum of 5 years commercial delivery project management experience
With 40 years’ experience in delivering successful, commercial software projects, you will benefit from working within a stable and robust small business environment.
Our innovative and flagship loan management solution, Financier™, works with a breadth of clients spanning all areas of the highly regulated financial services sector. Our clients include FTSE 100 companies such as Next PLC plus blue-chip organisations such as Shop Direct, FGH and Studio Retail Ltd, typically serving between 2 to 3 million consumers.
Fill out the form with reference to the role you wish to
apply for. Or, if there isn’t anything that fits the bill right
now, feel free to introduce yourself and we’ll consider
you for future openings
Strictly no agencies!