Finance Business Partner
You will report to the Group Finance Director and will lead most “business facing engagements” within Welcom Digital. The role is appropriate for a strong finalist / qualified ACCA / CIMA person.
As the Financial Business Partner, you will own all short term and long term financial planning elements of the business and can identify financial risks (to mitigate) and financial opportunities (to optimise) in the current year and beyond.
You should develop a deep understanding of the commercial relationships with clients to ensure that financial projections accurately capture this and also assist in potential different pricing scenarios for future contract negotiation either with new or existing clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Board Reporting of financial performance and progression of actions arising from the Board.
- Supporting other Board members especially with regards to the analysis of resource cost, and supply & demand levels for different role types to assist business growth.
- Project business case evaluation and related reporting for both tactical and more strategic aspects will also form part of this role.
The Finance Business Partner will be an effective communicator and have the ability to negotiate, confidently influence and make suggestions to further improve current best practice and procedures.
- Production of Finance Board reports
- Production & maintenance of financial planning model for both current year budget/forecast and 4 year plan
- Update financial models with known variances to prepare interim quarterly forecasts
- Prepare commercial scenarios for pricing new prospects
- Challenge cost base to optimise
- Ensure revenue recognition is complete and accurate
- Support project evaluation highlighting returns
- Support business / programme office capacity planning requirements to ensure resource supply / demand
- Accurate and able to deliver to tight deadlines
- Needs to have negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Proactive can do approach to the job
- Delivery focused attitude to meet demanding deadlines and achieve results
- Displays commercial awareness in day to day tasks, client dealings
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, Excel to an advanced standard
- Must be a very good communicator, both written and oral
- Competent and professional performance
- Act as a professional role model in the business
With 40 years’ experience in delivering successful, commercial software projects, you will benefit from working within a stable and robust small business environment.
Our innovative and flagship loan management solution, Financier, works with a breadth of clients spanning all areas of the highly regulated financial services sector. Our clients include FTSE 100 companies such as Next PLC plus blue-chip organisations such as Shop Direct, FGH, JD Williams and Express Gifts, typically serving between 2 to 3 million consumers.
Fill out the form with reference to the role you wish to
apply for. Or, if there isn’t anything that fits the bill right
now, feel free to introduce yourself and we’ll consider
you for future openings
Strictly no agencies!