Are you an experienced DBA with exposure to both Oracle / SQL database administration?
If the answer is YES then we want to talk to you.
Welcom Digital is seeking an exceptional DBA's to work alongside other members of Development and QA to develop, enhance and maintain our solutions for the Financial Services and Retail sector and to address performance issues.
You will work in a small team and must be able to work as part of that team, you will also work well on your own. The role will be responsible for supporting the products and related databases, working on major projects and upgrades as well as recommending how day to day application support can be improved.
- Review of client database setups – best practice recommendations, configuration, performance, maintenance
- Performance tuning of performance environments
- Review monitoring systems
- Review database performance
- Provide recommendations to improve performance of servers and websites
- Database optimisation during development, working with the development team to ensure the solution / developed code is optimised
- New database set ups
- Experience as an Oracle / SQL DBA
- Database programming including writing Stored Procedures
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for database administration on all servers
- Develop scripts to perform routine database administration tasks
- Manage backup and recovery of databases
- Experience of monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Oracle and disaster recovery technologies
- Relevant Oracle certification
With 40 years’ experience in delivering successful, commercial software projects, you will benefit from working within a stable and robust small business environment.
Our innovative and flagship loan management solution, Financier, works with a breadth of clients spanning all areas of the highly regulated financial services sector. Our clients include FTSE 100 companies such as Next PLC plus blue-chip organisations such as Shop Direct, FGH, JD Williams and Express Gifts, typically serving between 2 to 3 million consumers.
Fill out the form with reference to the role you wish to
apply for. Or, if there isn’t anything that fits the bill right
now, feel free to introduce yourself and we’ll consider
you for future openings
Strictly no agencies!